Family fun this half term at The Lost Gardens.
Lowenna the Lost Lamb
Explore our unique story about Lowenna the Lost Lamb, our rare breed Devon and Cornwall Longwool lamb, who has lost her bounce. Help Lowenna rediscover the spring in her step by exploring the Gardens and noticing signs of spring, collecting stamps in your book as you go. Fill your booklet to win a chocolate prize from the spring marquee!
Collect your story trail booklet from the Ticket Office.
Creative family activities in our spring marquee
• Make your own flower head band taking inspiration from the spring flowers you’ve seen whilst helping Lowenna. Camellias, primroses, daffodils, what will yours look like?
• Replicate Lowenna’s twirling tail and make a spinning sycamore inspired helicopter. Test launch your helicopter with your family to see who’s will spin the fastest.
• Plant up a garden pea, take it home with you, look after it and by summer you could be eating your very own home-grown yummy heritage peas!
• Time to get creative with nature’s colour palette and take part is some participative art! Which colour are you drawn to? How does it make you feel? Select a coloured fabric scrap and work it into the huge weave created by our Easter visitors, we will then display by our Heligan Kitchen.
Fun farmyard games
• A family favourite! Hook a duck!
• It’s the annual Heligan hobby horse race! Grab yourself a shire horse and get your best gallop ready…
• Play our mini piggy tabletop obstacle course game – weave your pig through the muddy farmyard to get them home for feeding time.
During this time, The Barn will transform into a maternity ward to welcome all of the new arrivals. Visitors will, once again, be able to see our new-borns as they bounce around The Barn, enjoying their new, exciting world (12-3pm daily). You can also say hello to the rest of the animals on Home Farm, including our pigs, happily wallowing in mud!
From 28th March – 13th April (10am – 5pm). All activities free with garden entry.