Celebrate 100 years of Leach Pottery.
A week full of activities as the Leach 100 launch is brought online.
- Read all about Raku and how Bernard Leach was inspired to explore pottery when he attended a Raku Party in Japan
- Learn how to make a mug with Jacqueline Clarke, or a milk jug.
- Filmmaker Marty Gross has gifted public access to his film Working at the Leach Pottery 1970 for one month. The film is from The Mingei Film Archive, an ongoing project to restore, enhance and preserve films that document the history of Japan’s Mingei Movement and its ongoing legacy in the world of contemporary ceramics. Watch it here.
- Take part in the National Hey Clay initiative by making your own bird feeder or parrot.
- Head over to Leach Pottery’s Instagram on Friday 15th for some special images.
More information on the Leach Pottery Website and Social Media.
Image kindly provided by the Crafts Study Centre, University for the Creative Arts, BHL/12872. Copyright Sugiyama Kira. Description of image: Bernard Leach and Shoji Hamada admiring an English medieval pitcher, 1966