Supporting and celebrating the culture and environment that is our Celtic heritage.
Sunday 1st March
- 2.30pm Trenance Cottages – Pulling Together – Story of the Gigs – Chris Blount + NRC Singers
- 8.00pm Travellers Rest, Trevarrian, “St Piran’s Cornish Shanty Night” Oll an Gwella + Friends
Monday 2nd March
- 10.30-11.00am Oll an Gwella songs in Lighthouse Cinema Lobby also Display by Heritage Museum
- 11.00am “Bait” Lighthouse Cinema Cornish B/W BAFTA-nominated film (Entry free – by ticket)
- 4.30-6.00pm NOCS Presentation and talk (5.30pm) – St Columb Minor Church
- 7.30pm at ‘UrbanKelt – Gwerthji Koffi Keltek’ Cornish Language ‘Taster evening class event’
Tuesday 3rd March
- 2.00-4.00pm Cornish Bingo at the Griffin Inn
Wednesday 4th March
- 7.00pm ‘St Piran’s Eve Concert’ at St Michaels Church, featuring “Cornwall Youth Chamber Choir”, “Newquay Male Voice Choir” + Harp/Fiddle Duo “Sea Strings” FREE ENTRY
Thursday 5th March
- All Day St Piran’s Open Golf Competition – Newquay Golf Club ENTRY £5 Members £15 Visitors
- 12.30pm “The Central Sing” Newquay Rowing Club Singers outside The Central Hotel
- 4.00pm ‘St Piran’s Day Parade’ (from Victoria Hotel to the Walkabout in Gover Lane). Led by Cornish Piper Merv Davey, with Gorsedh Kernow Grand Bard (Elizabeth Carne) + Mayor & Town Crier, U3A, OCS, Schools, Councillors, Celtic Congress, Churches, St Piran Angels, Cornwall Pride + other community, music & dance groups. All welcome! Bring your St Piran Flags!
- 4.30-5.30pm ‘‘Troyll Yowynk An Kerdh-Adro” at Walkabout, a Cornish Ceilidh for Schools with choral performances with Oll an Gwella & dancing from local schools with Maggi Biddle & U3A.
- 7.00pm ’Troyll Klub Revya’ at Newquay Rowing Club Including Cornish Singing (Oll an Gwella & NRC Singers), Cornish Dancing (U3A) + Cornish Heritage Talk (OCS) + ‘Trelawny Shout’.
Friday 6th March
- 2.30-4.00pm Newquay Library “Community Tea Event” Legends of Cornwall + NOCS storyteller
- 7.30pm at the Griffin ‘St Piran’s Cornish Beer & Gin event’ with Archie Ray UrbanKelt music
Saturday 7th March
- 11.00am-11.00pm ‘St Piran’s Cornish Beer, Food, Music & Heritage Festival’ at the Griffin Hotel – Celebration of Cornish Crafts & Produce with Cooking demos, Pasty-Making & Oll an Gwella Singing + Celtic music & dancing (with trad session, Mad Jack of the Boneyard & Hevva Cornish Dance group + “Fer Ertach Kernow” (10.00am-4.00pm), Heritage stands & Cornish Language slot – see programme/website for full details
- 7.30pm Celtic Music, Dance & Ceilidh at Griffin Inn with Joe Hurworth, Brother Sea Music, Baptiste, Black Friday, UrbanKelt acts
- 7.30pm St Michaels Church Hall Newquay-Dinard Twinning Assn. St Piran’s Party (Guests Welcome): with Oll an Gwella
Sunday 8th March
- 9.30 for 10.00am The Wave Church ‘St Piran Churches Together’ Service – all welcome
- 10.00am-4.30pm Newquay Zoo “A Celebration of everything Cornish” – Family fun activities – (Standard Entrance Fee)
In addition, Newquay Library, Lighthouse Cinema and Newquay Heritage Museum will be offering Cornwall-focussed presentations, running through the week.