A two-day course exploring how immersive technology and 360 filming can be applied to businesses in Cornwall.
This workshop is an introduction to Immersive technology, processes and applications; Aimed at businesses and freelancers who want to understand more about 360 video production and to gain first-hand experience of using and capturing content. In the workshops and you will explore interactive storytelling, VR and 360 video distribution possibilities, with hands-on demonstrations of production work, 360 filming, digital asset creation and management for VR and 360 video production workflows over two days of hands-on training.
Through both practical demonstrations and seminars, the Immersive business team will guide your business through:
• What do we mean by immersive technology, including potential uses?
• How are the experiences made, and what is a basic data pipeline?
• What are Crypto currencies, smart contracts, NFT’s and blockchain?
• How Immersive is currently used in Industry and how this might develop.
• Introducing the fundamentals of VR filming concepts and equipment.
• Types of camera and equipment
• Considerations for planning and developing 360 content.
• A practical session capturing your own content and explore how to manage the data and post-production workflows.
This course will be delivered as an in-person workshop with a mixture of talks and practical sessions. If you need any additional resources or content in alternative formats please get in touch with [email protected]
A light lunch will be provided at the session.
Course Costs: This course is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and therefore support is provided to eligible businesses at no cost. However, this support does have a State-aid value. The programme qualifies as a 12 Hour business assist from the Immersive Business programme and at the end of the session, you will therefore be asked to sign an output form.
Who can apply:
You will need to be able to attend the full 12 hours of training and be self-employed or have a business registration based in Cornwall. Successful applicants will also need to have received less than €200,000 of state-aid aid over a rolling three-year period. Further information regarding this can be found on the eligibility check form which will be sent to you after you book on Eventbrite.
There are five places on this course initially, once these are full you will be placed on the waiting list for the next session.
How to apply:
If you would like to attend this course please book a ticket via Eventbrite, you will then be asked to complete a short two-page eligibility form, prior to confirming your place.