Walk of the Month: Botallack Head
A circular walk around Cornwall's most iconic mining remains, used for the filming of the BBC's Poldark series.
- Rugged coastline with views to Pendeen Lighthouse
- Engine houses perched on Botallack Head
- Mining Interpretation Centre at Botallack Count House
- Working beam engine at Levant Mine
- Wildlife including choughs and peregrine falcons
The route stretches between West Wheal Owles (filmed as Wheal Leisure and Wheal Grace in the BBC’s Poldark), the engine houses on Botallack headland, and Levant mine where a beam engine has been restored to working condition.
Dogs: There are no stiles on this walk. Usually no livestock on the route.
Distance: 2.5 miles – Steepness: Easy
Footwear: Walking shoes
Read more and download the walk here
iWalk Cornwall is a collection of thoughtfully-crafted circular walks and a guided walks mobile app created by two brothers from Trewarmett who are passionate about the mindboggling number of amazing things in Cornwall.